Distance Students

You can request books and have them mailed to their home address if you are a distance student. You are responsible for return mailing costs. Approximately 99% of all articles requested are available electronically for download (the other 1% are mailed to you). Make sure you are registered as a distance student when you fill out the "First Time User Registration" form for home mail delivery. Need more information about services to distance students? See the Off-Campus Library Services page.

Since E-Z Borrow delivers requested items to either the Drinko or MUGC libraries, distance students are not eligible to use E-Z Borrow. However, the IDS office will mail books requested through IDS Express to the home address of distance students.

Who is considered a distance student?

For the purposes of IDS (Information Delivery Services), the status “Distance Student” is to be selected only if:

  1. You are enrolled in classes that do not meet on the Huntington campus
    • For example, classes held off-campus at MOVC, Teays Valley, Logan, Williamson, Gilbert, or other sites.
    • Dual enrollment and military programs
    • WebCT Vista courses
  2. AND you are not an MUGC student

If this describes you, register as “distance student” at the First Time User Registration Page.

If you attend at least one class that meets on the Huntington campus, then you are not considered a distance student and are not eligible for “mail to” delivery of items. You are expected to pick up items ordered through IDS at the Circulation Desk in Drinko Library.